Rules for the online sale of tickets
Rules for the online sale of Tickets
Key to terms used in the Rules:
1) Tickets – tickets for concerts organised as part of a Concert Event;
2) Festival – the International Music Festival ‘Chopin and his Europe’ organised annually by the Fryderyk Chopin Institute;
3) Institute – the Fryderyk Chopin Institute, entered on the register of cultural institutions with the number RIK 51/2001, Tax Identification Number (NIP) 525-22-14-269, National Economic Register number (Regon) 017307171, with its headquarters at ul. Tamka 43, 00-355 Warszawa, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel.: (+48 22) 44 16 100, website address: http://pl.chopin.nifc.pl/institute;
4) Concert – all concerts organised or co-organised by the Fryderyk Chopin Institute, with the exception of the Festival and the Competition;
5) Competition – all piano competitions organised by the Fryderyk Chopin Institute, the preliminary round of the Chopin Competition and transmissions of the Chopin Competition;
6) Chopin Competition 2020 – the International Fryderyk Chopin Piano Competition, held from 2 to 23 October 2020;
7) Rules – the present rules;
8) Concert Event - Festival, Concert or Competition.
1. The purpose of the Rules is to set out the principles governing the online sale of Tickets, with the exception of concerts and events to which separate rules apply. Details of concerts covered by the sale of Tickets are available on the Institute’s website: www.nifc.pl.
2. The online sale of Tickets is carried on by the Institute. The Institute’s website, at tickets.nifc.pl (Polish version at bilety.nifc.pl), enables Tickets to be purchased online.
3. The Rules are available on the Institute’s website: https://tickets.nifc.pl
4. A Purchaser must first register an account with the online sales system on the Institute’s website, at the address given in par. 2 above. Tickets can then be purchased online after logging onto the account. The account registration process requires that the account user supplies a valid email address. In order to purchase Tickets online, the system requires the user’s full name or PESEL number and address if the user wishes to receive a receipt in accordance with the principles set out in par. 9 below.
5. Minimum technical requirements for using the online system for the sale of Tickets:
b) Hardware: a computer with Internet access, a Pentium 233 Mhz processor or better, RAM min. 128MB, video card, and monitor with Super VGA (800 x 600) resolution or superior.
6. A Ticket entitles the bearer solely to attend the particular concert in a Concert Event specified by the Purchaser when making the purchase. The online sale of Tickets will continue until the day of the particular Concert or until the pool of seats allocated to the online sale of Tickets for the given Concert Event has been exhausted.
7. Entry to a Concert is only possible on production of a valid ticket for a concert as part of a Concert Event, purchased in accordance with the Rules, unless the Institute has granted permission for entry under other conditions, specifically in accordance with the ‘Rules for the online sale of tickets’ or on the basis of an identification, accreditation, invitation or some other form of pass.
8. Tickets cannot be resold without the Institute’s consent, specifically in auctions or competitions or outside sales points authorised by the Institute.
9. In accordance with art. 133 of the Code of Petty Offences of 20 May 1971 (Dz.U. z 2019 poz. 821 ze zm.): ‘Anyone who purchases entry tickets for artistic, entertainment or sporting events with the aim of reselling them at a profit or who sells such tickets at a profit is liable to arrest, imprisonment or a fine. Aiding, abetting or attempting are punishable’.
10. Tickets purchased in violation of the Rules, including from illegal or unauthorised sources, are deemed invalid. Such tickets do not entitle the bearer to enter a concert as part of a Concert Event.
11. The price listed at the moment when the Purchaser submits his/her order is binding. All prices are given in Polish zlotys and include VAT.
12. Payment for Tickets purchased online must be made by bank transfer or by card (Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard, Maestro, Diners Club, JCB, MasterCard Mobile). The Purchaser bears any costs that might arise in connection with making payment for Tickets in accordance with the procedure set out in the present clause.
13. A receipt may be issued for each transaction, on request. Such a request must be sent by email to email@example.com within 14 days of the date of payment for the transaction. The Institute is authorised to issue electronic receipts and to send them in PDF format to the Purchaser’s email address. A receipt can only be issued to the actual Purchaser of the given Ticket.
14. Once the payment has appeared on the account, the Purchaser will receive an email containing information about printing the Ticket/Tickets in the option print@home. The Institute is not responsible for non-receipt of notification if the fault lies on the side of the Purchaser (specifically, email address submitted incorrectly, full email inbox, etc.).
15. Half-price discount tickets are available to pupils, students under 26, pensioners and benefit holders. Proof of entitlement must be shown on entering the concert as part of a Concert Event. If no such entitlement is shown, the person in possession of such a Ticket will be obliged to pay the difference between the discount price and the normal price at the Ticket Office of the Fryderyk Chopin Museum at ul. Okólnik 1 in Warsaw.
16. Tickets purchased for a Concert in a Concert Event can be returned no later than 15 days before the date of the Concert on completion of a returns form (Appendix 1 to the Rules), which should be sent by post to Narodowy Instytut Fryderyka Chopina, ul. Tamka 43, 00-355 Warszawa, Polska or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds on returned Tickets will be made by bank transfer into the account from which the payment was made within 21 days of the receipt of the returns form. In such circumstances, the full ticket price is refunded.
17. Tickets purchased for a Festival Concert can be returned no later than 10 days before the date of the Concert on completion of a returns form (Appendix 1 to the Rules), which should be sent by post to Narodowy Instytut Fryderyka Chopina, ul. Tamka 43, 00-355 Warszawa, Polska or by email to email@example.com. Refunds on returned Tickets will be made by bank transfer into the account from which the payment was made within 21 days of the receipt of the returns form. In such circumstances, the full ticket price is refunded.
18. Tickets purchased for a Competition Concert can be returned no later than 30 days before the date of the start of the Competition on completion of a returns form (Appendix 1 to the Rules), which should be sent by post to Narodowy Instytut Fryderyka Chopina, ul. Tamka 43, 00-355 Warszawa, Polska or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds on returned Tickets will be made by bank transfer into the account from which the payment was made within 21 days of the receipt of the returns form. In such circumstances, the full ticket price is refunded.
19. Tickets purchased for a concert held as part of the Chopin Competition 2020 can be returned up to 30 June 2020, on completion of a returns form (Appendix 1 to the Rules), which should be sent by post to Narodowy Instytut Fryderyka Chopina, ul. Tamka 43, 00-355 Warszawa, Polska or by email to email@example.com. Refunds on returned Tickets will be made by bank transfer into the account from which the payment was made within 21 days of the receipt of the returns form. Refunds are made according to the following principles.
1) If the completed form is sent to the Organiser by 31 December 2019, 100% of the ticket price will be refunded;
2) If the completed form is sent to the Organiser by 31 March 2019, 60% of the ticket price will be refunded;
3) If the completed form is sent to the Organiser by 30 June 2019, 30% of the ticket price will be refunded.
20. Should a concert in a Concert Event be cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control (cataclysm, natural disaster, terrorist attack, national mourning, artist’s indisposition, etc.), a full refund will be made for the Ticket for that particular concert after a written claim is sent to Narodowy Instytut Fryderyka Chopina, ul. Tamka 43, 00-355 Warszawa Polska or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 2 months of the planned date of the concert.
21. Any irregularities in the functioning of the online sales system for Tickets for concerts in Concert Events may be reported to email@example.com or Narodowy Instytut Fryderyka Chopina, ul. Tamka 43, 00–355 Warszawa, Polska. Complaints should contain at least the complainant’s full name and address (postal or email), as well as a description of the complaint. The Institute will deal with complaints within 30 days of the receipt of an email or letter of complaint.
22. On the basis of art. 38 par. 2 of the Act of 30 May 2014 relating to consumer rights (Dz.U.2014.827 with amendments), the Purchaser does not have the right to withdraw from the contract via the procedure specified in art. 27 of that act.
23. The Purchaser hereby expresses his/her unconditional consent to his/her personal details being placed in the Institute’s data base and to the processing of those details, in order to realise the contract, including the reservation, sale or refund of Tickets, settling the contract, and also other actions connected with the service provided. The Purchaser’s submission of his/her personal details is voluntary, but the lack of consent to their processing makes it impossible to carry out the reservation and sale of Tickets by the Institute. The Purchaser bears responsibility for the submission of incorrect personal details. The Purchaser has the right to view his/her personal details, to correct them and to demand their removal. The administrator of those personal details is the Narodowy Instytut Fryderyka Chopin (Fryderyk Chopin Institute), located at ul. Tamka 43, 00-355 Warszawa.
24. The Purchaser is entitled and obliged to use the online Tickets sales system in accordance with its intention and obliged to refrain from any action that might affect its correct functioning, including interfering with the content of the online Tickets sales system or its technical elements and submitting content of an unlawful character.
25. The Institute has the right to record concerts in Concert Events in sound and vision. The Purchaser of a Ticket attending a public event on the strength of that Ticket acknowledges that attendance of that event equates to consent to the non-remunerative photographing and filming of his/her person and to the recording, broadcasting and disseminating of his/her voice and/or image for the purposes of documentation, reports, advertising and promotion, in connection with any programme or publication in which a recording of a concert in a Concert Event is used, with the right to transfer that consent to third parties.
26. A contract of online sale of Tickets is concluded in Polish in accordance with Polish law. In the event of discrepancies in the content of the Rules between the Polish and English versions, the Polish version is of primary importance.
27. Purchasers may avail themselves of non-judicial channels for considering complaints and pursuing claims. Mediation may be used in such cases. Lists of permanent mediators and existing mediation centres are made available by the presidents of the relevant district courts. As consumers, Purchasers can also take advantage of non-judicial means of considering complaints and pursuing claims by submitting their complaints via the European Union’s ODR Internet platform, available at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
28. The Institute is not responsible for the administrators of email servers blocking the sending of messages to the email address given by the Purchaser or for the removal or blocking of email messages by software installed on the computer used by the Purchaser.
29. The Institute is entitled to alter the Rules. Information regarding any changes made to the Rules will be sent to Purchasers at the email address given when the account specified in par. 4 above was set up. Any changes made to the Rules apply to the Purchaser on condition that they have been informed of the changes and has not withdrawn from the contract for services rendered by electronic mail within 14 days of being informed of the changes.
Appendix 1 Returns form