Rules for the online sale of tickets
Rules for the online sale of tickets
for the 13th International Music Festival ‘Chopin and his Europe’
- The purpose of the present rules is to set out the principles governing the online sale of Tickets for concerts in the 13th International Music Festival ‘Chopin and his Europe’, to be held in Warsaw on 12–30 August 2017, hereafter referred to as the ‘Festival’.
- The online sale of Tickets for the Festival is carried on by the Narodowy Instytut Fryderyka Chopina (hereafter the ‘Institute’), entered on the register of cultural institutions kept by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage with the number RIK 51/2001, Tax Identification Number (NIP) 525-22-14-269, National Economic Register number (Regon) 017307171, with its headquarters at ul. Tamka 43, 00-355 Warszawa.
- The rules are available on the Institute’s website, at tickets.nifc.pl.
- The online sale of Tickets will run from 4 April 2017 until the pool of seats allocated to the online sale of Tickets has been exhausted.
- The Institute’s website, at tickets.nifc.pl (Polish version at bilety.nifc.pl), enables Tickets to be purchased online.
- A Purchaser must first register an account with the online Tickets sales system on the Institute’s website, specified in §5 of the present Rules. Tickets can then be purchased online after logging onto the account. During the registration procedure, the account user’s email address must be given. In order to purchase Tickets online, the user’s details must be given: full name and passport number, as well as address, if the Purchaser wishes to receive a VAT receipt in accordance with the guidelines specified in §11 of the present Rules.
- In order to use the online Tickets sales system, the user must possess an Internet-connected device (computer, telephone, tablet, etc.) with software enabling W3C-compliant websites to be viewed (an Internet browser) and using SSL encrypted connections.
- A Ticket entitles the bearer solely to admission to the festival concert specified on the ticket. During concerts held in particular concert halls, the established rules and customs will apply. Ticket holders arriving late will be able to enter a concert during the interval.
- The price given at the moment when the Purchaser submits his/her order is binding. All prices are given in Polish zlotys and include VAT.
- Payment for Tickets purchased online must be made either by card (Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard, Maestro, Diners Club, JCB, MasterCard Mobile). The Purchaser bears any costs that may arise in connection with making payment for Tickets in accordance with the procedure set out in the present specification of the rules.
- A VAT receipt may be issued for each paid purchase, on the request of a Purchaser who indicates the relevant option in the online sales system when placing an order for Tickets. When making a request for a VAT receipt, the Purchaser is obliged to give the details of the person to whom the VAT receipt is to be made out in accordance with his/her request. The receipt will be sent automatically with the Ticket. The Institute is authorised to issue electronic receipts and to send them in PDF format to the Purchaser’s email address given during the process of registering the account mentioned in §6 of the present rules or to another address specified after the VAT receipt option was chosen.
- Pupils, students under 27, pensioners and benefit holders are entitled to a discount of 50% on Tickets (proof of entitlement must be shown on entering the concert). If no such entitlement is shown, the ticket bearer will be obliged to pay the difference between the discount price and the normal price of a Ticket.
- Tickets may be returned on submission of a completed ticket returns form (annex 1) no later than ten days before the date of the concert in question, to the Narodowy Instytut Fryderyka Chopina, ul. Tamka 43, 00-355 Warszawa, Polska or by email to email@example.com. The ticket price will be refunded by bank transfer into the account from which the payment was made within 21 days of the receipt of the ticket returns form. Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE
- Refunds for debit card purchases will be made solely into the account to which that debit card is assigned.
- The refund for Tickets will comprise 100% of the price of the returned Tickets.
- Unused Tickets are not subject to return.
- Should the whole Festival or a particular concert be cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control (cataclysm, natural disaster, terrorist attack, national mourning, etc.), a full refund will be made for a particular Ticket/Tickets after a written returns declaration is sent to the Narodowy Instytut Fryderyka Chopina at ul. Tamka 43, 00-355 Warszawa, Polska, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within two months from the date of the concert for which the Ticket was purchased. The returns declaration should contain the reservation number and information about the quantity of Tickets being returned. Refunds will be made by bank transfer into the account from which the payment was made within 31 days of the receipt of the written claim referred to in the previous sentence.
- Any malfunction of the online Tickets sales system can be reported to email@example.com or to the Narodowy Instytut Fryderyka Chopina at ul. Tamka 43, 00–355 Warszawa, Polska. The Institute will deal with complaints within 30 days of the receipt of an email or letter of complaint.
- On the basis of art. 38 para. 12 of the consumer rights’ bill of 30 May 2014 (Dz.U z 2014.827 with subsequent amendments), the Purchaser does not have the right to withdraw from the contract via the procedure specified in art. 27 of that bill.
- The Purchaser hereby expresses his/her unconditional consent to his/her personal details being placed in the Institute’s data base and to the processing of those details for the purpose of realising the contract, including the reservation, sale or refund of Tickets, settling the contract, and also other actions connected with the service provided. The Purchaser’s submission of his/her personal details is voluntary, but the lack of consent to their processing makes it impossible to carry out the reservation and sale of Tickets by the Institute. The Purchaser bears responsibility for the submission of incorrect personal details. The person making their personal details available has the right to view those details, to correct them and to demand their removal. The administrator of the above-mentioned personal details is the Narodowy Instytut Fryderyka Chopina, located at ul. Tamka 43, 00-355 Warszawa.
- The Purchaser is entitled and obliged to use the online Tickets sales system in accordance with its intention and obliged to refrain from any action that might affect its correct functioning, including interfering with the content of the online Tickets sales system or its technical elements and submitting content of an unlawful character.
- The Institute has the right to record the Festival in sound and vision. The Purchaser of a Ticket attending the event on the strength of that Ticket acknowledges that attendance of the event equates to consent to the non-remunerative photographing and filming of his/her person and to the recording, broadcasting and disseminating of his/her voice and/or image for the purposes of documentation, reports, advertising and promotion, in connection with any programme or publication in which a recording of the Festival is used, with the right to transfer that consent to third parties.
- A contract of online sale of Tickets is concluded in Polish in accordance with Polish law. In the event of discrepancies in the content of the rules between the Polish and English versions, the Polish version is of primary importance.
- In using the online Tickets sales system, the Purchaser accepts the conditions of the present rules.
- The Institute is not responsible if email server administrators block the sending of a message to the email address indicated by the Purchaser or if an email message is blocked or removed by software installed on the computer used by the Purchaser.
- In the event of any dispute, an amicable settlement will initially be sought. Should that fail, the proper court for the settlement of disputes resulting from the contract of sale is the proper court for the Institute’s headquarters.
- The Institute is entitled to make changes to the present rules. Purchasers will be sent information regarding such changes by email to the address given when the account mentioned in §6 of the present rules was set up. The Purchaser will be bound by changes made to the present rules on condition that he/she was informed of the changes and has not terminated the contract for the provision of services by email within 14 days of being informed of the changes.